How Healthy Exactly is Geranium?
Geranium Essential Oil
Used as a beautifying agent in Ancient Egyptian times, Geranium essential oil is extracted from the entire geranium plant. The uses and benefits of this beautiful plant are highly versatile and are used to boost the appearance of skin and hair. Geraniums are valued in the perfume industry for their floral scent. Inhaling Geranium essential oil’s sweet aroma can support emotions by creating a calming and grounding effect. The aroma of Geranium essential oil can also help lessen feelings of stress and calm nerves. The beautifying properties of Geranium oil can be used to promote healthy-looking hair and skin. When applied topically to the body, Geranium oil promotes the appearance of clear skin. The benefits of Geranium oil can also be used on both dry and oily hair to give hair a vibrant glow. Additionally, the strong chemical components in Geranium essential oil offer a natural way to repel insects.
Geranium Essential Oil Uses and Benefits
- Enhance your daily skin care routine by adding a little dose of Geranium essential oil. Use one to two drops of Geranium oil on your face daily to promote a glowing, even skin tone. Geranium oil has been cherished for centuries for its skin beautifying benefits, and with good reason. With serious beautifying benefits, Geranium essential oil is a must-have in your daily skincare routine.
- Geranium essential oil is ideal for massages. The properties of Geranium oil help promote the appearance of healthy skin while also providing a grounding and calming effect to emotions. Consider combining Geranium essential oil with another essential oil like Lavender or Bergamot to enhance your massage experience even further.
- Transform the look of your hair by enriching your haircare routine with the use of Geranium essential oil. Your shampoo and conditioner may be good, but with the added hair benefits of Geranium oil, they will be even better. Start this transformation by adding a few drops of Geranium oil to your shampoo and conditioner. The addition of Geranium oil to your daily haircare routine will give your hair a radiant and healthy glow, plus you'll smell the wonderful aroma of Geranium essential oil on your hair throughout the day!
- Want to improve the appearance of your skin? Geranium essential oil is the answer. After a shower, apply Geranium oil to your skin to give it a smoothing effect. One of Geranium essential oil's key benefits is promoting the appearance of clear and healthy skin. Take advantage of this powerful benefit by applying Geranium oil to your skin whenever you want a healthy-looking complexion.
- Looking for some more ways to take advantage of the benefits of Geranium essential oil for skin? After a sweaty workout or a day in the sun, apply Geranium essential oil topically to promote clear and vibrant skin. Not only will you love the way your skin feels, but the lovely aroma of Geranium oil will stay with you for a few hours after application.
- Sometimes feelings of stress and anxiousness can get in the way of daily living. For those frustrating or uneasy moments, make sure to take advantage of the aromatic benefits of Geranium essential oil. Place one drop in the palm of your hands and then rub your hands together. Once you have rubbed the oil in your hands, cup your hands over your nose and mouth and breathe slowly. As you breathe in the aroma of Geranium essential oil, you will feel the calming, grounding effect it has on the emotions.
- Practice your craft skills and share the sweet, floral scents of Geranium essential oil by making DIY Potpourri. Simply gather some of your favorite spices, add a couple drops of Geranium essential oil and any other favorite essential oils, and combine in a bowl of your choosing. With a little help from Geranium essential oil, this homemade potpourri is great for adding décor to a room or for using in bathrooms to maintain a constant, pleasant aroma.
- Geranium essential oil comes in handy when unwanted insects wander into the house. Because of the chemical components found in Geranium essential oil, it can be useful for naturally repelling insects. Add a drop to a cotton ball and place it in corners where insects are likely to be found. If you are going to garden outside, wear Geranium essential oil to keep the insects away.
- Aromatherapy steam facials are a great way to open your pores and renew your skin. The best steam facial includes herbs or essential oils. Create your own steam facial with Geranium essential oil. The properties of Geranium essential oil will help beautify the skin while the steam facial cleanses and clears the skin.
- Due to Geranium essential oil’s ability to promote healthy-looking hair and skin, Geranium is a great oil to include in many skin and hair products. Add a drop or two to your DIY hand wash, shampoo, heat protectant, hairspray, conditioner, body wash, or detangler. Adding Geranium essential oil to your everyday products will give you healthier and more vibrant hair and skin.